Sunday 22 March 2009

Last year's blackberries
















Blackberry Crisp from Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson

I saw this recipe reviewed on another blog (Cooking The Books) and it was rated very highly so I thought I try it out with the blackberries I'd stashed away in the freezer last autumn.  It was very easy to put together and all the weighing and measuring can be done in advance (always a plus in my book).  The final result was very nice although maybe a little sweet, or possibly my blackberries weren't sharp enough.  I might use a bit less sugar next time or try mixing in different fruit as Nigella suggests.  All in all though it was a hit and a nice alternative to a crumble or cobbler.  I'll definitely make it again

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to wrong with Nigella. And as far as I am concerned anything made with blackberries is worth dying for. You are so lucky if you have a source of fresh berries!!!

    ReplyDelete