Thursday 30 June 2011

Mocha Banana Smoothie and Food Blogger Connect 2011


Every year food bloggers and writers from all over Europe and beyond have the opportunity to attend Food Blogger Connect, which is the largest food blogging conference in Europe and gives like-minded bloggers the chance to meet and listen to a number of high-profile guest speakers. This year the conference is being held in London on the 11th to 13th August and of course I would love to go but sadly I don't have the funds to take me there.

Luckily though, I might still be in with a chance of going as Cuisinart, one of the sponsors of FBC11, have launched a competition that will enable the two lucky winners to get free entry to the full weekend conference, including an opportunity to participate in the cooking demonstration with Celebrity Chef Anjum Anand.

Sounds good to me!

All I have to do is post a smoothie recipe of my own making or from any recipe provided by Cuisinart or Anjum Anand's books.

My recipe was inspired by a desert I used to have when I was little - ice cream mixed with Camp Coffee Essence. I love the sweet coffee flavour it lends to anything you add it to and it tastes great mixed up with bananas, ice cream and a little bit of dark chocolate.

Mocha Banana Smoothie

2 bananas
2-3 scoops of vanilla ice cream
1 tablepoon Camp Coffee Essence
1 tablespoon finely grated dark chocolate plus extra for sprinkling
a splash of milk
whipped cream for decoration

1) Pile everything bar the cream into a blender and whizz until combined.

2) Serve in a tall glass and top with cream and a sprinkling of grated chocolate.

Serves 1

2 comments:

  1. genius... I was just today complaining about how I cant afford to go either (v expensive if you ask me...) but now I can at least give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like heaven in a glass! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete