Saturday 26 January 2013

Hotel Chocolat Open Your Heart To Me box and Competition

It's always a happy day when a parcel from Hotel Chocolat arrives on my doorstep and especially when it's in the name of love! January is nearly over and that of course means that Valentine's Day is just around the corner.

When it comes to Valentine's Day gifts chocolate is always a sure fire winner in my opinion -  you don't have to find a vase and keep it watered and there's no risk of secretly thinking that it's not quite your style. And chocolate is good for you, right?

On this occasion I was very pleased to discover that my parcel contained one of Hotel Chocolat's Open Your Heart To Me gift boxes.



The first thing I noticed when I ripped open the paper was the beautiful box. This one is a bit more unusual than boxes I've received from Hotel Chocolat in the past. I love the elegant, grey and white feather pattern on the top with the contrasting dark pink inner box underneath.

Hidden inside is a chunky milk chocolate heart (the top half isn't shown in my pictures) concealing eight dark, milk and white heart-shaped chocolates. There are four flavours to choose from - the deeply rich Dark Mousse, tangy Lemon Berry Tart, sweet and creamy Strawberry Swoon and the smooth and nutty Caramel Praline.

All are delicious, as is the milk chocolate heart surrounding them. It's clear that both the heart and the individual chocolates are made from good quality cocoa which really makes you feel like you're getting good value for money.

There's no doubt that this would make a fantastic Valentine's Day present if you're looking for a gift to impress.






The Open Your Heart To Me box costs £25.00, however there are lots more gifts to choose from, from the dinky Passion Meringue Pie for only £1.95 all the way up to the awesome looking Sealed with a Kiss selection box for £45.

Hotel Chocolat are offering the chance for one lucky reader to win one of their Open Your Heart To Me boxes. To be in with a chance, just have a look at their Valentine's Day selection and let me know what you would choose for your loved one. You can enter by leaving a comment below or on my Facebook page. Alternatively, you can post the following message on Twitter...

I've entered the @HalfaPotofCream competition to win a @HotelChocolat Open Your Heart To Me box - http://tinyurl.com/b8ub5cu

The competition closes at midnight on Sunday 3rd February and I will announce the winner a couple of days later. Only UK entries allowed I'm afraid.

Good luck!

5 comments:

  1. Sealed with a kiss would be the choice to give my husband! Loads in the box so perfect to share and extra special because it our anniversary on the 12th Feb :-) i love February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the lovebirds, so pretty.

    Thanks for a fab giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely choose Sealed with a Kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would have to be Lovebirds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the "The Love Selection Basket" its ideal for a couple to sit back and share on valentines day and made even more special as its comes with a bottle of rose. Perfect evening :)

    ReplyDelete